Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Securing Substantial Settlements For the Injured
- Let our award-winning personal injury attorneys handle your case while you focus solely on your recovery.
- Every attorney on our team is involved with the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
- Our honest and aggressive approach helps us reach the best settlement or verdict possible for every client.
- Find out how we compare to other top law firms in the state by reading the reviews on our website.
- If you’re ready to seek justice, contact our law firm now to schedule a free consultation with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Motorcycles pose especially unique threats to motorcyclists. Riders generally suffer far more serious injuries following a collision than operators of other motor vehicles. Plus, motorcycles are also smaller and less visible than other cars.
If a negligent driver crashes into a motorcycle, the motorcyclist has the legal right to file a personal injury claim and recover compensation for their injuries. The skilled Orange County motorcycle accident attorneys at Gibson & Hughes can help.
Call 714-406-0998 or email our office today to learn how we can help victims recover the compensation they deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Orange County
Unlike traditional licensed drivers, motorcyclists face a unique danger while traveling on the road. Because of the lack of surrounding protective structures on motorcycles, victims of motorcycle accidents are much more likely to suffer severe and life-threatening injuries. However, you’d be surprised to know that a high majority of motorcycle accidents are the result of a wide array of simple errors. This is where a motorcycle accident attorney can help.
If you are a motorcyclist, it’s essential to understand your safety risks in an effort to avoid being involved in a potential accident. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Orange County and throughout California include:
- Unsafe Lane Changes: This driving error is particularly subtle until a biker makes a costly mistake. Many motorcyclists fail to properly signal during lane changes. This error can result in another vehicle colliding with the victim. Another unsafe lane change error is the failure to check blind spots. Generally speaking, even if you properly signal during lane changes, you could risk colliding with an unsuspecting vehicle if your blind spots aren’t checked.
- Speeding: This cause is more of a no-brainer. Speeding decreases a motorist’s ability to see and react to the movements of other drivers. Speeding can cause other driving errors, such as lane splitting and unsafe lane changes.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence (DUI) is one of the most dangerous things to do and results in the deaths of thousands of people every year. Alcohol, narcotics, and heavy medications make the human body incapable of conscience operation, and this includes operating a vehicle.
- Lane Splitting: Driving between two lanes is commonly called “lane splitting,” and this activity is one of the most frequent causes of motorcycle accidents. Whether this action is committed subtly or by excessive speed, severe injury or death can happen if a motorcycle collides with another vehicle.
- Sudden Stops: In most cases, rear-end accidents are directly caused by sudden stops. If a biker makes an abrupt stop, it could force another vehicle to slam into the bike’s rear. Sudden stops are likely to occur when a biker is speeding or splitting lanes unsafely, or if a car driver is simply not paying attention.
- Dangerous Road Conditions: Oftentimes, the result of a motorcycle accident isn’t caused by the biker, but rather by dangerous road conditions that can hinder a biker’s ability to drive safely. Potholes, debris, and crumbling pavement are common signs of dangerous road conditions. However, bikers may not be aware that these are not the only on-road deathtraps. Grass clippings left in the street are also hazardous to bikers. Frankly, driving on these clippings is similar to riding on a sheet of glass for bikers. Unfortunately, this is a hazard that is not well known, and this lack of information about unsafe road conditions can lead to devastating accidents for bikers.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Inexperienced drivers are much more likely to break motorcycle safety standards or make unsafe driving moves while on the road. This can lead to serious injury or death if this behavior isn’t kept under control.
Although motorcycle accidents can be quite common, that doesn’t mean that you have to be a victim. However, if you are the victim of a motorcycle accident, please consult a qualified attorney to learn more about all of your possible legal options.
Why Is It Essential to Contact A Team Of Motorcycle Lawyers As Soon As Possible?
It’s difficult for motorcyclists to determine whether or not they have a strong personal injury case. The strength of a case will depend on a number of factors, including the events leading up to the accident, evidence, and the motorcyclist’s injuries.
Every case is unique, which is why injured motorcyclists should allow a lawyer to evaluate their claim to determine whether or not it has merit. It’s best to get in touch with the best motorcycle accident lawyer in your community as soon as possible following the accident. The sooner they get to work fighting for your compensation, the better.
How Motorcycle Attorneys at Gibson & Hughes Can Help You Win
Our team will assess your claim and partner you with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to guide you through the legal process. Your attorney will handle the negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company and work tirelessly to secure a fair settlement. If this is not possible, our team will prepare to take your case to court.
At Gibson & Hughes, we treat all our clients respectfully by keeping them informed of updates to their cases and never making them chase us for answers. We take the time to explain the entire legal process as it relates to your case, and we make sure you have a full understanding of all of their legal options each step of the way. Let us handle the legal case so you can focus solely on your recovery.
Your Attorney Can Be The Perfect Mediator
For various unknown reasons, your insurance company could arbitrarily give you a settlement offer far from the value you seek. The fact of the matter is that many individuals are faced with this problem and are unsure of where to turn. It can be disastrous to take a settlement offer that doesn’t nearly cover your expenses, especially if you can get more in return.
You can rely on a quality attorney to open the negotiations for a new settlement offer. If the insurance company does not want to go to court, it is likely that you may receive the offer you are looking for, saving both parties valuable time in the process.
Your Attorney Can Also Pursue Arbitration
If the renegotiation for your new settlement offer doesn’t pan out how you hope, there’s always the chance to take your case in court. Many victims of motorcycle accidents fear filing a lawsuit against insurance companies, primarily because they believe they will lose. In actuality, it is important to fight for your right to a fair settlement if you have been wrongfully injured in a motorcycle accident.
Furthermore, if you have specific budget constraints due to your current condition, you can take solace in the fact that many personal injury attorneys work on a “no win, no fee” basis. This means that you can enlist the help of a skilled attorney, who will only receive payment if your settlement is awarded. This can give you the financial flexibility and confidence you need to pursue a potential lawsuit if your settlement offer wasn’t what you desired.
Your Attorney Can Help Prove Your Case
Finally, hiring a skilled attorney to represent you makes it possible for a legal professional to review your situation and gather the facts necessary to prove your eligibility for a fair and mutual settlement. A qualified attorney has countless resources to turn the tide in your favor, from providing a private investigator to finding indisputable evidence that proves your innocence.
At the end of the day, hiring an attorney may be the most effective method of receiving your fair settlement in the aftermath of your motorcycle accident. If you are considering receiving legal help in your current situation, consult your attorney about your possible next steps.
Contact Gibson & Hughes to Schedule A Free Consultation Today
Every personal injury attorney on our team has years of experience helping victims recover compensation for their injuries. We will protect your rights and aggressively fight to ensure you are fully compensated. We are proud to provide legal representation to motorcycle accident victims in Santa Ana, Anaheim, Irvine, and throughout Orange County.